The UPS Store - Storage Packing Guidelines
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Write your name and telephone number on the outside of each box with a MARKER. If storing a suitcase or duffle bag please write your name and phone number on piece of paper and place inside the suitcase or bag.
- You must tape the top and bottom of all your boxes. Please do not fold over flaps. If you are not sure how to properly close your box, one of our associates will gladly show you.
- You must completely fill all spaces in the box to avoid damage. This can be done with paper, peanuts, bubble wrap, etc. These supplies are available at our stores and mobile stations.
- Reusable Bins must close completely without bulging.
- Fragile items including ALL TV’s and MONITORS must be boxed. For an additional fee, we can provide packing and boxing service for you if you are unsure how to safely pack fragile items.
- Particle board / pressed wood furniture (i.e. boxed furniture you buy and put together at home) is not made for transporting. If storing these items you must disassemble them prior to our arrival. Please note if you do not take the item(s) apart, we will do our best to safely move and store them, but are not liable for damage.
- All refrigerators must be defrosted, dry, and empty.
- Dressers and desks need to be empty. If drawers are filled, additional fees will apply.
- All mattresses must be bagged. Mattress bags are available for purchase.
- Should you find damage to your items, you must save the box and all packing materials and notify us within 14 days of your delivery. In addition, you will need to provide proof of the item(s) value or repair cost(s).
WHAT WE SUGGEST
- Fragile items should have at least 3 inches of padding on all sides.
- All electronics should be in original packaging. If you do not have original packaging, you want at least 3 inches of bubble wrap on each side.
- If you can't lift it, we can’t lift it. There will be a surcharge on boxes weighing over 50 LBS. Use small boxes for books and heavy items.
- It is a good idea to keep track of what items you pack in each box. This can help you when deciding insurance value of your storage. Maximum insurance per box/item is $1,000 and $2,500 for the entire storage contract.
Thank you for choosing The UPS Store,
Boston’s leader for Student Storage and Shipping Services.